It can be hard to tell at the moment where the best place to put your money is in order to get the best return.
There is a lot of information out there and a lot of factors to consider.
Evaluating the pros and cons of high-risk investments, shares, and cryptocurrency all while also taking into account GPS, and what we can offer can certainly feel overwhelming!
So here is some important information:
• A higher distribution rate DOES NOT always mean the best investment: When looking at distribution rates, you need to take into account the TYPE, DURATION and TERMS of the investment in order to determine if it is really the best plan for you. For example, some investment funds offer a higher distribution rate because the investment overall is riskier. If you are someone who prefers some relative stability, then investments like this may not be for you.
• What is the history of the fund? It can be very easy to get swept up in the rising rates and not realize that the fund is new, inexperienced, or lacking the history to make you comfortable about your investment. GPS Investment Fund Limited has a history spanning over 25 years, and no retail investor has ever incurred a capital loss.*
• Who is taking care of your money? Your team at GPS is always available to you, including the Managing Director, Richard Woodhead. You do not have to worry about speaking to a new person every time you call, or people not remembering your questions or concerns from last time. We know who you are, and you know who we are.
• What does the Fund invest in? Not all funds are created equal. Some invest in Commercial or Industrial real estate, International or domestic Shares, infrastructure like roads and airports, fixed interest and even Cash. GPS specializes in Registered First Mortgages, meaning that we hold the mortgage over the property, and can more easily assist in making sure that everything goes smoothly for our investors.
• How stable is that distribution rate? We would love to show you a graph of the GPS distribution rates, but it is just a lot of straight lines showing beautiful consistency over many years. While a higher rate may be appealing now, don’t be fooled into joining a fund with variable rates that fluctuate widely, and may leave you worse off over time. They do say that consistency is key!
• Consult the funds Target Market Determination document: This ultimately will tell you if your goals align with what the fund aims to achieve.
When you invest in GPS, you are investing WITH GPS alongside our staff and Managing Director, who believe in the GPS process.
If you have any questions, concerns or queries then please do not hesitate to contact us as we are always happy to chat!
*Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.